Want to send your bike ahead? We will help make it easy
Once again, Downtown Bicycles will assist the ride and you with your bike shipping needs. This year, they are offering four options to help you get your bike to where it needs to be, whether you’re out of state or close by! And Downtown Bicycles will be donating back a portion of all fees charged for their services to the SMART Ride!
Option 1: To ship your bike to Fort Lauderdale for the ride:
- Ship to Downtown Bicycles to arrive one week before ride Orientation Day. The fee for assembly and adjustments is $70. Bikes will be at registration by noon on orientation day.
- You are responsible for shipping to Downtown Bicycle with your bike packed in an appropriate box. Mark the box AND tag your bike with your name and rider number.
Option 2: To ship your bike back to you after the ride:
- Downtown Bicycles will bring the bike from Key West, disassemble and package your bike, the fee is $70. Bikes will ship back to riders (in the box they were received in) during the week immediately following the ride.
- You can provide a prepaid return shipping label to Downtown Bicycles. Or we can transport your bike through Bikeflights (i.e. FedEx) and will bill after the Ride.
Option 3: To transport your bike to check-in/registration from Fort Lauderdale:
- Live fairly close but want to get your assembled bike to registration/check-in from Fort Lauderdale? The fee is $30. Bikes must be at Downtown Bicycles by Wednesday of ride week. Bikes will be at registration by noon on orientation day.
Option 4: To transport your bike back to Fort Lauderdale after the ride:
- Want to get your assembled bike back to Fort Lauderdale from Key West after the ride? The fee is $50. Bikes will be available for pick at Downtown Bicycles the Sunday immediately following the ride (11 AM – 4 PM) and during regular business hours. BIKES MUST BE PICKED UP NO LATER THAN November 30th.
To get more information or to ask questions, please fill out the bike shipping form below. If you need to reach out to Downtown Bicycles directly you can be reached by e-mailing at Christy@downtownbicycles.com or by calling Christy at (754)265-7872. There are also rental bikes available, call for information.